Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why have a wedding?

Weddings are expensive, stressful and definitely leads to arguments over who gets to have their idea become reality. Then why have one? I have struggled with this idea for a while now. Not until recently did I have some understanding of why it's important to have one. The other night after a huge argument about money I got some clarity on why the wedding is needed. We are having a wedding to profess our love for another to everyone that we care about. Another reason is to show those same people that we care about them and appreciate them being there for us and therefore we are going to treat them as best as possible. Another reason is to collect the presents that should be fun. I hope they don't get us a toaster...how about a wide screen tv? That made me smile. Well I am home after basketball and I'm sure missing my significant other.

1 comment:

Dee said...

soon enough you won't have to miss me
3 months, 2 weeks, 2 days