Friday, December 5, 2008

arts and crafts anyone?


I've been coming across a lot of ideas. I can't keep up.
Right now I'm thinking about invitations, invitations, invitations
I even bought 2 books from half dot com for creating your own paperie for a wedding
I wouldn't go so far as to make the paper myself but I'm finding one can get a little creative
and still do a lot of fancy things
such as
1. use card stock backing and a printed heavy paper--photo copy, trim, and assemble
2. alter blank note cards with your announcement on the inside--add stamping, ribbons, sealing wax, whatever
3. buy parts from a diy invitation company--it's not really diy since they are selecting the range and trimming the paper--but you have to print and assemble

I saw some good advice on the back of one book I borrowed from the library. It said, spend your time dreaming, not shopping. Don't spend a lot of money on things that aren't quite perfect.
I thought that was good advice. I don't want to wind up with a lot of supplies that aren't exactly what I'm going to need.
Images ripped out of a magazine actually.

No comments: