Monday, December 22, 2008

off to the gym

RocketMan and I are heading to the gym this evening. We've both been swearing to go there the past few MONTHS! and we still haven't made it yet.
There's no way I can fit into my dress if I don't start hitting the treadmill.
I also need a way to relieve stress.

So this morning I was up early and packed my gym bag. We are going to sweat it out. Because I've been stress-eating these past several weeks, I've been putting on weight. However, I read somewhere that women with different shapes should approach toning up differently. I have an apple shape--a tendency to gain weight around the midsection. In fact, as long as I can remember, I have had this shape and so do half the women on my mother's side of the family.

The recommended regimen for someone with my shape is to cut back on simple carbs, opting for complex carbs instead. Also, I need to take in a moderate amount of protein (that would actually mean an increase for me), and focus on cardiovascular exercises. The bright side is that belly fat melts away faster than fat that clings to the hips and thighs so I'll keep the junk in the trunk and slim down that waist!

No comments: