Monday, December 15, 2008

DIY madness

I'm still searching for a way to incorporate tradition, so to speak, into our wedding. I think that having plaid silk sashes on the bridesmaids would be a nice touch. Either for their sashes or wrapped around their bouquets. It's a tough one.
I found a website where there were instructions on how to sew the sash yourself. My Mom has a sewing machine and it can't be that hard. The only trouble is the cost of the fabric.

http://www.budget-wedding.net/weddings/do-it-yourself-wedding-dress-sash-belt-and-scarf/

Another thing I've been searching for is plaid silk fabric. It's not cheap. It's pricey. But it's gorgeous. I think. On item I found here costs $10 for a sample!!! Maybe the bridesmaids will just have kerchiefs to wrap their bouquets.
There's a nice purple one here for $30/yard.

wait one cotton picking minute!
it's there on EBAY for a much more manageable price.

OMG
someone posted a trimming company on Kvetch
here's a link

No comments: